The industry’s largest and longest running Freeride Test week just got bigger with the introduction of wingsurfing. Where better to learn or perfect your wing skills than in the consistently strong winds and and rolling swell that Baja’s Sea of Cortez has to offer. Join us for our Freeride Test this January 11-19, 2020 in La Ventana, Mexico to get your hands on all the latest kiteboarding gear and wingsurfing products.
During our 2020 Freeride Gear Test, not only will you be charged with testing the latest freeride kites, boards, foils and light wind gear from the industry’s top brands but we will also have a fully stocked array of wings as well as SUP foils to get you started with this new and exciting windsport discipline.
Baja Never Disappoints! Wind, Sun & Fun
Palapas Ventana has hosted our test weeks for the past eight years for a good reason! Besides their amazing and accommodating staff, the family-owned resort started by Tim Hatler, has a semi-private beach, compressors, dedicated kite helper, on site restaurant above launch, and an infinity hot tub for after session soaks! This eco-resort boasts ocean views from every casita, secure gear storage, wifi, and a convenient on-site restaurant/bar/espresso cafe. You can choose from a specialty casita (complete with your own bathroom) or a regular casita (bathrooms/showers 25-30 feet from your door). Rates include 19% hotel tax but not standard 10% gratuity. Reduced rates for non-participant lodging partner (can join downwinders and island crossing, no testing; or if non-kiter — meals, optional excursions and lodging only).
$1865 single occupancy
$1415 per person based on double occupancy
$1245 per person based on triple occupancy
$1615 single occupancy
$1215 per person based on double occupancy
Here’s what you get:
- A chance to be the first to ride the new model year kites and boards
- 8 night 9 day accommodations at Palapas Ventana
- Breakfast and lunch every day, dinner 7 of the 8 nights
- Kite support on the beach and a compressor to fill kites
- Daily rep presentations from participating brands
- Transportation for downwinders
- One day trip to Isla Cerralvo including snorkel trip (weather permitting) and 10-mile crossing
- Use of Palapas Ventana kayaks and snorkel gear
- All you can SUP
- Optional morning/breakfast trip to historical mining town under renovation (amazing food!)
- Optional group gourmet dinner
- Must stay at property to be part of this test and offer. No exceptions.
- Must be intermediate (able to go upwind, perform basic tricks like jumping or front roll/back roll, be self-sufficient) level or better kiter.
- Must test daily with the TKB Test Team, weather permitting.
- Must submit test reports daily (we’ll have a booklet for each tester).
- Must like having fun and playing well with others
How to Apply:
Tkb’s Baja Freeride Test Week is limited to 16 participants only.