TKB is always looking for great images that represent different aspects of our sport. From lifestyle to event coverage to action shots, we encourage you to send along your best work, and then send some more. We review everything that comes through the door (so to speak), and we’ll contact you promptly if there’s something we can use or develop.
What We Love
- We love a good series of photos that showcase different aspects of a single location — especially if it’s a place we’ve never been.
- We also love seeing familiar places with fresh perspectives.
- We love photos that are well composed and properly exposed, and prefer a natural editorial approach, with minimal processing.
- We love photos that capture things like facial expressions, or technical moves, or lifestyle moments.
- Solid composition and exposure.
What We DON’T Love
- Go-Pro selfies that are super blurry.
- Photos of riders doing nothing unique, especially if there’s only water and sky in the background.
- Overly processed, super-saturated, manipulated images.
- Images sent to us with no supporting data — location, rider name, photographer name, etc.
- Galleries of 500 images.
- High-res files sent via email.
- Photos you don’t own or have permission to share.
- Images with watermarks, logos or trademarks.
- A series of similar images with almost identical compositions or only slightly different exposures.
HOW TO SUBMIT PHOTOS FOR WEB/SOCIAL MEDIA
- Send all photos for consideration to our Online Media Manager via email. DO NOT send submissions via Facebook, Twitter or other social media channels if you want them to be reviewed immediately. While we do check our social media accounts regularly, because of the volume of information sent there, we can’t guarantee we’ll see your submission. If you do not receive a confirmation that your photo submission has been received, we haven’t received it. Send it via email again.
- Send only your best selection of images. No more than 10 files per email. Each image should be a JPG file, sized no larger than 1200 pixels wide. Do not send high resolution images via email.
- Include the location where the image was taken and date, for each image.
- Include the photographer’s name for each image. Also include the photographer’s facebook URL (“business” pages only), a twitter handle, and instagram name, if applicable.
- Include the rider’s name for each image. Also include the photographer’s facebook URL (“business” pages only), a twitter handle, and instagram name, if applicable.
We do not provide compensation for images used exclusively for web or images shared through social media. What we can provide is exposure to the industry, exposure to a network of nearly 100,000+ readers, and feedback for developing a kiteboarding/action sports portfolio.
PHOTO SUBMISSIONS FOR PRINT
If you’ve got print-worthy images you’d like to see run in our quarterly publication, please send those separately to our Magazine Editor for review.
OTHER MEDIA OPTIONS
If your first images aren’t picked up, don’t give up. We are happy to provide feedback about your submissions, upon request. We are also always on the look out of video to post online. If you have an edit you’d like to share with our audience, please review information on Video Submissions and consider sending something along for review.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOUR WORK!
Before pressing send, please make sure your submission includes all of the information above, as requested.