SLIM CHANCE Instructional Sequence
Originally Published in the February 2009 Issue of The Kiteboarder Magazine
Degree of difficulty: Hard
Why is this move called the Slim Chance? Because that’s your chance of pulling it off – slim! The Slim Chance (also known as a Front Mobe) is an inverted front roll with a backside 360. Master this one and you will be the envy of all others.
- 1. Come into the trick with moderate speed and power.
- 2. Position your kite at 45º with your hands in the middle of the bar.
- 3. Unhook, edge hard, and pop off the water.
- 4. Once you come off the water, roll your body like you are going into an S-Bend by tucking your shoulder and turning your head. It helps if you have mastered the S-Bend first.
- 5. As you go into your S-Bend, start to pull the bar to your back hip.
- 6. When the bar is at your hip, snap your head in the opposite direction to initiate the spin.
- 7. Pass the bar from your back hand to your front hand.
- 8. Once you pass the bar, let your body fall as you spot your landing and bend your knees.
- 9. Land, hook back in, and ride away cleanly.
- Turning your head is the trick!
- Pull the bar to your hip hard. The more inverted you get, the easier the handle pass is.