11th Annual Pismo Beach KiteXpo April 11 – 14, 2013, Pismo Beach, California
Brought to you by The Kiteboarder Magazine and XtremeBigAir.com
Kiteboarders flocked to the sand in Pismo Beach, California, today for the second day of the 11th annual Pismo Beach Kite Expo. Today delivered perfect beach weather again, but the wind remained light for another day.
Thousands of dollars of prizes were raffled off today and there’s one more raffle to go Sunday morning.
Today was capped off with a Hawaiian-style BBQ courtesy of the legendary Maui Mike and the Lujan family followed by a bonfire on the beach and fire dancing courtesy of Rachel and Grom of Best Kiteboarding/Pro Leezure.
Tomorrow (Sunday) has the best wind forecast of the event and is your last chance to win prizes, try new gear, and meet kiteboarding industry reps and pro riders.
Come join us on the beach!
April 14: SUP demos 9:30 am to 11am or 12pm (or whenever wind starts blowing!), Kite demos 11a/12pm to 5 pm. Must be intermediate level or better kiteboarder, comfortable in crowds, able to do basic tricks/self rescue, sign waiver and provide CC info to demo kiteboarding gear.
Join us on the beach for:
- Trainer kite area for those interested in getting into the sport. For those wanting to get continue with lessons, California Kiteboarding is offering free t-shirt with lesson and IKO Instructor James Ropner is offering to donate 50% of lesson costs back to the ThomasWong donation fund. Trainer Kite lessons only offered between 11a and 2p Fri, Sat and Sun.
- How to Recognized and Help an Injured Kiter clinic will be held Saturday at 11a right after the raffle for Friday’s prizes (see below). Got 20 minutes? Your response could make a big difference in someone’s life!
- Killer raffle including a brand new Best Cabo wave kite, $1000 credit toward Vela holiday of your choice, custom board from NE Wind Italy and more!
- New layout adds buffer zone on either side of every two brands for more launching/landing room
- 10% discount at Sea Venture Hotel in Pismo Beach when you mention Kitexpo. This is an awesome property located directly on the beach by the pier with on site restaurant, walking distance to restaurants/bars and private jacuzzi on each deck when you mention Kitexpo
- $99 king bed room special offered by Oxford Suites when you mention KiteXpo
- Litewave Dave has two rooms available in killer beach house for $50 pp/night. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Got family or a group? Contact www.coastalvacations.net and ask for Bille
- For other lodging options see www.classiccalifornia.com
Airush – Axis Kiteboarding – Best – Core – Dakine – F.One – Gaastra – Liquid Force – Litewave Designs – Loyd Surfboards – Manera Acccesories – Mystic – North – Ocean Helmets and Sunglasses – Peter Lynn – RRD – Slingshot – Xenon Kiteboards
This year, raffle tickets will be $5 with $10 minimum. $40 of tickets gets 10 tickets, $100 of tickets gets 25 tickets. Paypal available at registration for tickets and BBQ. We will have raffle drawings for Fri, Sat and Sun.
- The first raffle will be held on Saturday at 10:30a before the How to Help an Injured Kiters Clinic. Any tickets sold Saturday before 10:15a go toward Friday’s raffle prizes.
- Saturday’s raffle items will be drawn before the BBQ, between 5:30p and 6:15p.
- Sunday’s raffle will be held sometime between 10a and 1p before the wind starts.All non winning tickets sold Fri and Sat will go into Sunday’s drawing!
- Any winnings not claimed by Sunday morning 10a will go back into Sunday’s raffle drawing. Winners must be present to claim prizes.
Special thanks and appreciation to the following sponsors for stepping up with $500 or more value items!
Axis Kiteboarding – Airush – Best – Gaastra USA- Dakine – Kurtis Surf Googles and Sunglasses – Liquid Force – Litewave Designs – Loyd Surfboards – NE Wind – Overthewavesdesigns.com – Patagonia – Tudor Wines – Vela Kitesurf – the Franklin Family