As kiteboarders, we owe a lot to the ocean.
It’s our playground, it’s our inspiration, it’s our responsibility.
Leading scientists worldwide have determined that we need to protect at least 30% of our blue planet by 2030. World Ocean Day joins with many organizations on this important initiative. By signing the petition you are telling world leaders that you want action too! Working together we can protect our blue planet home for all!
Sign the petition here: https://worldoceansday.org/take-action/petition/
JALOU LANGEREE, NORTH KITEBOARDING TEAM RIDER
“Nature is the inspiration for so much of what we do…when we kite we feel so in tune with nature, so connected. We must work harder to protect it.”
Marc Jacobs, North Kiteboarding Team Rider
“Without the ocean, I wouldn’t be able to do what I do every day. As professional kiteboarders, we have the ability to spread awareness and have a voice for the ocean. It’s time to take action and protect our playground.”
World Oceans Day is not your only opportunity to act. Here are some other good habits we can get into as kiteboarders:
- Stop using disposable plastic including straws, plastic water bottles, plastic cutlery, plastic bags, etc.
- Swap to reef safe sunscreen
- Pack out your trash
- Pick up and remove trash on the beach (even if it’s someone else’s)
- Respect cordoned off areas for sealife and bird activity
- Recycle what plastic you do use
- Make responsible food and purchasing decisions in order to buy less stuff and use less plastic.
- Carpool to the beach or ride your bike
- Recycle your old kite, kiteboard and/or wetsuit by giving it to a friend or finding a second use for it.