Every year, Tkb releases a litany of in-depth product reviews””it’s a labor of love resulting from 9-days of non-stop riding between our staff and a hand-picked team of testers of various skill levels from all over the world. Now’s your chance to take advantage of this unique opportunity, limited to 16 lucky riders.
For the 2020 Gear Test, Tkb trucked down over 20 board bags of test gear to La Ventana, Mexico, one of the best locations for reliable wind in North America during the winter months. Our group was one of the first to get their hands on many new products including early release wingsurfers, foil and LEI kites, directional boards, twin tips, foilboards and harnesses. We can’t wait to get down to Baja again to test all the new toys and hope you can join us!
If this sounds like fun and you’re an intermediate or better rider, please apply below to be considered for Tkb’s 2021 Baja Freeride Test Team.
From Jan 9-17, 2021, up to 16 maximum riders of various skills levels from all over the world will get the unique opportunity to test and review 2021 gear from participating brands.
Baja Never Disappoints! Wind, Sun & Fun
Palapas Ventana has hosted our group for the past nine years for a good reason! The property has a semi-private beach, compressors, dedicated kite helper, on-site restaurant above launch, and an infinity hot tub for after session soaks! This eco-resort boasts ocean views from every casita, secure gear storage, wifi, and a convenient on-site restaurant/bar/espresso cafe. You can choose from a specialty casita (complete with your own bathroom) or a regular casita (bathrooms/showers 25-30 feet from your door). Rates include 19% hotel tax but not standard 10% gratuity. Reduced rates for non-participant lodging partner (can join downwinders and island crossing, no testing; or if non-kiter ”” meals, optional excursions and lodging only).
$1865 single occupancy
$1415 per person based on double occupancy
$1245 per person based on triple occupancy
$1615 single occupancy
$1215 per person based on double occupancy
Here’s What You Get:
- A chance to be the first to ride the new model year kites and boards
- 8 night 9 day accommodations at Palapas Ventana
- Breakfast and lunch every day, dinner 7 of the 8 nights
- Kite support on the beach and a compressor to fill kites
- Daily tech talks from participating brands
- Transportation for downwinders
- One day trip to Isla Cerralvo including snorkel trip (weather permitting) and 10-mile crossing
- Use of Palapas Ventana kayaks and snorkel gear
- All you can SUP
- Optional morning/breakfast trip to historical mining town under renovation (amazing food!)
- Optional group gourmet dinner
- Must stay at property to be part of this test and offer. No exceptions.
- Must be intermediate (able to go upwind, perform basic tricks like jumping or front roll/back roll, be self-sufficient) level or better kiter.
- Must test daily with the TKB Test Team, weather permitting.
- Must submit test reports daily (we’ll have a booklet for each tester).
- Must like to have fun and play well with others:-)
How to Apply:
Tkb’s Baja Freeride Test Week is limited to 16 participants only.