A password will be e-mailed to you.
The second day of the event brought yet again an unusual Northeasterly frontal that moved into the event site before noon, with winds averaging in the mid teens. With a shotgun 11am start, many riders were caught off guard and were scrambling to get onto the water for the first race of the day. A close knit group of riders rounded the first buoy lead by Nico Landauer, followed by Olly Bridge and Axel Mazella. Many of the racers following them choose a portside tack around the second buoy making up a tremendous amount of ground and catching the brakeaway trio. Suddenly a three horn blast could be heard from the judging boat indicating a general recall for the cancellation of the remainder of the race. There was a bit of confusion amongst competitors and pretty much the whole fleet kept on racing. Race officials scrambled and made a second announcement to competitors, stopping those who were still racing.
Quite a few riders opted to come in after the first race and exchange gear that would give them any sort of slight edge. Frantically they ran around launching fresh kites and then jumping back into the water to get to the starting line. A second race was called to start as judges determined that there was still enough wind to hold one.  Foilers keen to get the best possible position in the sporadic wind conditions tussled as they sprinted towards the line. The loud judges horn blew and a dramatic lurch of mass pushed over the line. All looked well, a clean start with plenty of momentum and speed. It looked like finally we had a good race going. Excitement was building not only with those on the water, but with the spectators who were watching. As racers headed towards the downward leg, the wind suddenly dropped, it was as if mother nature had gone to sleep. One by one, kites started falling out of the sky. The mood tuned from hope to sudden desperation, kites were looping, front lines were being pulled and magic tricks of all sorts were being attempted to keep kites in the sky. Event organizers rescued the downed fleet of soggy kites and surprisingly upbeat athletes.
What happened next, was a overwhelming positive testimony to the spirit of those competing. They rallied after some nourishment and possibly a few beers. A small dingy was commandeered along with a proper surf foil and a short tow rope. Riders took turns giving each other a tow, and were told to let go of the rope and see how far they could go on their own pumping skills. It was a fun spectacle with many not making it further that a few yards, while others had a greater mastery of it and went as far as their legs could propel them, which may have been well over 50 yards. By the end of the day as the sun set, plenty of riders had wide smiles, sore legs and hope for a better wind day tomorrow.

There were no race results for the day due to the fact that both races were not completed.

Results for the first ever Foil Pump and Go event.

1) Fred Hope – 26 seconds
2) John von Tesmar and Mac Morrin (tie) – 13 seconds
3) Axel Mazella – 9 seconds
1) Daniela Moroz – 6 seconds
2) Ella Johnson – 5 seconds
3) Andrea Lanier