Want to be among the first to try all the new kites and boards? Do you want to help review gear and help other riders cut through the marketing hype? Join the Tkb Crew in January of each year for good times, epic downwinders, an island crossing and more!
Come join the Tkb crew when we demo the new model year gear in Baja! Which kites have the best boost? What brand offers the cleanest control bar? Which one is best for unhooked tricks? What kite has the best low end grunt and wind range? What foils are best for beginners to progress on?
TKB TEST WEEK La Ventana, January
Palapas Ventana is our host with a semi private beach, compressors, dedicated kite helper, on site restaurant above launch, an amazing staff and a killer infinity hot tub for after session soaks! This eco-resort boasts ocean views from every casita, secure gear storage, wifi, and a convenient on-site restaurant/bar/espresso cafe. You can choose from a specialty casita (complete with your own bathroom) or a regular casita (bathrooms/showers 25-30 feet from your door). Rates include 19% hotel tax but not standard 10% gratuity. Reduced rates for non participant lodging partner (can join downwinders and island crossing, no testing; or if non kiting, meals, optional excursions and lodging only).
$1750 single occupancy
$1300 per person based on double occupancy
$1130 per person based on triple occupancy
$1500 single occupancy
$1100 per person based on double occupancy
Here’s what you get:
- A chance to be the first to ride the new model year kites and boards
- 8 night 9 day accommodations at Palapas Ventana
- Breakfast and lunch every day, dinner 7 nights
- Kite support on the beach and a compressor to fill kites
- Transportation for downwinders
- One day trip to Isla Cerralvo including snorkel trip (weather permitting) and 10-mile crossing
- Use of Palapas Ventana kayaks and snorkel gear
- All you can SUP
- Optional day trip to the Pacific for waves $45 each per person (per consensus of group)
- Optional morning/breakfast trip to historical mining town under renovation (amazing food!)
- Optional group gourmet dinner and/or pizza castle party
- Must stay at property to be part of this test and offer. No exceptions.
- Must be intermediate (able to go upwind, perform basic tricks like jumping or front roll/back roll, be self-sufficient) level or better kiter.
- Must test daily with the TKB Test Team, weather permitting.
- Must submit test reports daily (we’ll have a booklet for each tester).
- Must like to have fun and play well with others:-)
How to Apply:
The Tkb TEST WEEK is limited to 16 participants only. Please fill out the form. The test team will be chosen by September 1 every year to allow you time to plan for your Baja holiday.