It’s day two of the 2016 Red Bull King of the Air (KOA) and Tkb’s editors wanted to share our top five reasons to watch the KOA live feed (find here) and list some of our favorite athletes that are worth following.
TOP REASONS FOR WATCHING THE KOA LIVE:
1) Massive air and bone breaking crashes are just about the most entertaining form of kiteboarding!
2) Another round in the timeless grudge match between defending champ Aaron Hadlow and former champ Kevin Langeree.
3) Red Bull’s videocast is one of kiteboarding’s best attempts at live streaming – watch for ten minutes and cast your vote for more live streaming at kite events in our future.
4) Work is overrated and it’s too cold to actually go kitesurfing.
5) Hot chicks and buff dudes when the camera pans to the crowd shot.
OUR FAVORITE ATHLETES TO WATCH AT THE KOA:
Reigning champ, true competitor and all around nice chap – definitely one to watch!
No introduction needed, Jesse has been launching big airs since he stumbled out of his cradle and into a waist harness!
Not from North America, and not a big air specialist, but certainly one of our favorite riders and if the KOA had anything to do with park riding or hitting rails this Brit would own it.
We like this guy because he’s vicious in the waves but always a top competitor when it comes to big air, and historically speaking, Kevin has made Aaron Hadlow sweat his heats (a little).
One of the few North American (Canadian) representatives at the KOA and all around freestyle rockstar and goodfella – we will root for Sam any day.
With home court advantage and all that crane climbing, Branson house jumping and miscellaneous stunt experience, this Dane is pretty solid in high stakes/big consequence scenarios.