Brought to you by XtremeBigAir.com and The Kiteboarder
LOCATION AND REGISTRATION INFO
This year’s event is the same location as last year at the Grand Ave. beach access ramp. Park in the lot by Fin’s Restaurant for free, or you can drive on the beach and park downwind of the event area for $5/day.
- Registration will be at the 26″ trailer, sponsored by luv2camp.com. Look for the Xtreme Big Air and The Kiteboarder flags. Use the sidewalk that runs parallel to Grand and next to Fin’s restaurant to enter.
- All registrants must be intermediate level kiteboarders able to go upwind and self rescue. You should also feel comfortable navigating and riding in tight conditions. All registrants must sign a waiver and provide credit card info in case of damage due to negligent usage or loss of gear. All credit card info is destroyed immediately following the event. Registration is from 8:45am until 3pm daily. Remember, demo is not short for demolish.
DEMO HOURS FOR SUP AND KITE, RAFFLE TIMES, BEACH PARTY
- SUP will be available for demo from 9am until 12noon or whenever the wind starts blowing.
- Kite and accessory vendors will be ready starting at 11am. Official kite demo hours are 12pm to 5pm.
- Raffles will be held daily. You do not need to present to win but any unclaimed prizes as of Sunday morning will be put back into Sunday’s final raffle. You do not have to be present to win on Sunday but you are responsible for picking up gear in Morro Bay area or shipping costs. All raffle proceeds to benefit the ThomasWong family.
- We will have a fundraiser BBQ on Saturday night. Details are being finalized and will be announced soon!
- We will also probably do a silent auction again on Sunday this year to help the fundraising efforts. Details coming soon….
This year’s event will be our second annual fundraising effort for Pismo Beach KiteXpo’s founder Kinsley ThomasWong of Xtreme Big Air in Pismo Beach, CA. Kinsley was involved in a serious kiteboarding accident on the Central Coast of California on July 15, 2010. While he has made amazing progress so far, his road to recovery has been very costly.
Kinsley and his wife Jamie have elevated so many lives with their amazing spirit and stoke for life. They have unwavering faith that Kinsley will fully recover and be able to help others with spinal cord injuries work through the many psychological, physical, and financial challenges that they will face.
You can help support Kinsley in a number of different ways:
Many people have asked how they can support Kinsley by donating products or services such as original/limited edition artwork, cases of wine, computer services, accommodations, etc. If you would like to donate an auction item valued at $250 retail or more, please contact email@example.com with “Kinsley Auction” in the subject line no later than March 30th, 2012.
Directions to the Kite and SUP Expo at Pismo Beach, CA
Traveling south or north on US Hwy 101:
- Take 4th Street exit in Pismo Beach.
- Turn Left onto 4th Street. – Right on Grand Avenue to end.
The Kite and SUP Expo is on the beach at the end of GRAND Avenue, Pismo Beach, CA
Pismo Beach’s Hotels, Motels and RV Booking and More:
LUV2CAMP.com – http://luv2camp.com/whatWeDo.html is a great alternative if you want to camp on the beach!
Also check out:
http://www.oceanodunes.com or 800.444.7275
Pismo Beach is half way between San Francisco (SFO) and Los Angeles (LAX), about 3 1/2 hours by car. You can also fly into the San Luis Obispo (SBP) airport. Pismo Beach is on an expansive stretch of peaceful coastline. Discover why this area is known as one of the best secrets of California. Enjoy endless hours of outdoor activities including kiteboarding, paragliding, surfing, kayaking, ATV, horseback riding, skydiving, hiking, and mountain biking. Lush valleys that produce some of the finest vintages of wines and champagnes in the United States lie within a few minutes drive from Pismo Beach.
Additional Information for local hotels:
- Sand Castle Inn 800-822-6606: 20% discount if mention Pismo Kitexpo when making reservations. Rates good for Th – Su April 12-15, 2012 only. $175-Non View, $223-Ocean View, single our double, includes breakfast, parking, internet, beachfront access
Beach Comber Inn 805-773-5505: $109-1 Bed, $129-2 Beds microwave, coffeepot. Mini fridge in rooms, fireplaces, continental breakfast provide. Remodeled 2011. If book all seven rooms, ask for discount (no smoking or pets, 2 night minimum).
- Pismo Beach Hotel 805-773-4445: $89-Queen, $99-King
- Sea Venture Resort 800-662-5545: $189-Spa Deluxe Room
For more economical accommodations, try Motel 6 or Rose Garden Inn (rooms start at $40 double occ.). They are less than 10 minutes away from the event site.