Join the TKB Team and Help us Review New 2012 Gear! TKB Test Week – La Ventana, January 8-15, 2012
Tired of the smoke and mirrors behind gear reviews? The Kiteboarder is opening up testing to all brands and will be holding TKB Test Weeks throughout the year where you can try out the new gear and become part of the TKB Test Crew.
The catch? The success of this program relies on you! Our goal is to become the Consumer Reports of kite gear testing. Consumer Reports is a US magazine which publishes reviews and comparisons of consumer products and services based on reporting and results from its in-house testing laboratory. Our goal is to present kiteboarders with the most objective reviews possible accompanied by video and photos from our expert staff along with reviews from real everyday riders of various levels with no hype.
Gear will be dividing into groups such as all-around kites, twin tip boards, surf gear, and light wind equipment.
- Must be intermediate (able to go upwind, perform basic tricks, self-sufficient) level or better kiter.
- Must test daily with the TKB Test Crew, weather permitting.
- Must submit test reports daily (we’ll have a template form for you to follow).
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with answers for the following questions:
- In the subject line, please type TKB TEST TEAM.
- Let us know your name, age, weight, and location.
- Tell us your riding experience riding and what type or rider you are (all around, surf, wakestyle, etc.).
- Please disclose any brand associations you may have.
- In 400 words or less, describe:
- Why you want to be part of the TKB Test Crew.
- Why you feel you’d be able to provide unbiased feedback and would be a good tester.
Our first TKB Test Week will be held at Palapas Ventana in La Ventana, Baja, Mexico, January 8-15, 2012, the week before the annual La Ventana Classic and KiteXpo. We will be testing 8m and 10m all around kites and freestyle twin tip boards. Cost is $799 plus tax for double occupancy and $699 plus tax for triple occupancy.
Here’s what you get:
- A chance to be first to ride new 2012 kites and boards
- 7 nights 8 days accommodations at Palapas Ventana
- Breakfast and lunch every day
- Kite support on the beach
- Four dinners at Palapas Ventana
- Compressor to fill kites
- Transportation for one downwinder a day
- One day trip to Isla Cerralvo, lunch included (weather permitting, replaces downwinder for a day)
- Use of Palapas Ventana’s kayaks and snorkel gear
- All you can SUP: 8 boards ready to go!
The TKB Test Week is open to eight testers only. Deadline to apply is September 23, 2011. All submissions will receive an answer by October 7, 2011. Come join is in Baja!