The 13th Annual PismoBeach KiteXpo
WHERE: Pismo Beach, California
WHEN: April 10-12, 2015
April 10: Winemaker’s Dinner/Kinsley’s Birthday. Cliff’s Hotel, Shell Beach 7:30/8p – 9:30/10p firstname.lastname@example.org to get on the list for the evite. $100/pp, deadline April 3 RSVP.
April 10-12: SUP demos 10 am to 11am/12pm (or whenever wind starts blowing, to be confirmed based on participants), Kite demos 11a/12pm to 5 pm. Must be intermediate level or better kiteboarder, comfortable in crowds, able to do basic tricks/self rescue, sign waiver and provide CC info to demo kiteboarding gear. Brands confirmed: AXIS, Best, Blade, Cabrinha, F-One, Liquid Force, Loyd Surfboards, North, RRD, Royal, and Slingshot.
April 11: Gourmet Pizza provided by Paleo Mesa Pizza (not your regular pizza, this guy is a chef and creates out of this world food!) and Brownies from the Brownie Baker along with our traditional Beach Bonfire. Dinner is $15 per person and limited to 100 meals only so get them early before they’re gone. Dinner will start at 6p.
DAILY ACTIVITIES AT THE BEACH
- How To Help an Injured Kiter: Do you have 20 minutes to spare? The way you respond to a kite accident could make a major difference in someone’s life. Kirk Talon, a 30-year veteran firefighter/EMT with the City of Davis, CA, has generously offered to conduct a How to Recognize a Severely Injured Kiter clinic on Saturday and Sunday at 11:30am. This 20-minute clinic will cover how to approach an injured kiter and how to properly immobilize someone before Emergency personnel arrives so as to minimize further damage. www.onscenesafety.com.
- Strapless Wave Riding by Matt Elsasser/Cabrinha, Pike Harris/Blade, James Ropner/Best: Saturday will be the beginner clinic and Sunday advanced clinic to learn first jumps/more advanced tacks and jibes starting at noon under the Red Bull tent. Registration required as well as purchase of four raffle tickets.
- Liquid Force Foilboarding 101: Fri, Sat and Sun starting at 10:30 at LF tent.
Click here for clinic details!
Raffle tickets are $5 each with $10 minimum purchase required. $40 of tickets gets 10 tickets, $100 of tickets gets 25 tickets. Paypal and cash/check payments available at registration for tickets and BBQ. We will have raffle drawings for Fri, Sat and Sun. Days/times TBD.
You do not need to be present to win raffle winnings for Friday and Saturday drawings but any winnings not claimed by Sunday morning by 10 am will go back into Sunday’s final raffle drawing. Winners must be present to claim prizes.
Main Raffle Prizes:
- Epic 9m Screamer complete
- Royal 6m Solo complete
- Cabrinha Custom CBL complete with a set of H2s (pads/straps)
- Airush Slayer directional board
- AXIS Liberty twin tip
- Xenon 139cm EHO twin tip
- North harness
- Manera harness
Interested in donating something toward the Thomas Wong raffle fundraiser?
For lodging information, visit www.classiccalifornia.com
Thanks to RV Rentals on the Central Coast for providing us with our registration trailer — check them out! They also offer RV rentals on select properties around the county including a very cool winery in Paso Robles. https://www.facebook.com/RVrentalsonthecentralcoast
THANK YOU SPONSORS!