What We Love
- We love a good series of photos that showcase different aspects of a single location — especially if it’s a place we’ve never been.
- We also love seeing familiar places with fresh perspectives.
- We love photos that are well composed and properly exposed, and prefer a natural editorial approach, with minimal processing.
- We love photos that capture things like facial expressions, or technical moves, or lifestyle moments.
- Solid composition and exposure.
What We DON’T Love
- Go-Pro selfies that are super-blurry.
- Photos of riders doing nothing unique, especially if there’s only water and sky in the background.
- Overly processed, super-saturated, too manipulated.
- Images sent to us with no supporting data — location, rider name, photographer name, etc.
- Galleries of 500 images.
- High-res files sent via email.
- Photos you don’t own or have permission to share.
- Images with watermark, logo or trademark
- a series of similar images with almost identical compositions or only slightly different exposures
IMAGES FOR PRINT
If you have images that meet the guidelines above, we encourage you to send submissions for print consideration directly to our Editor (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Send only your best selection of images. No more than 10 files per email. Each image should be a JPG files, sized no larger than 1200 pixels wide. Do not send high resolution images via email. Only our print magazine will require RAW files.
- Include the name of the location where the image was taken and date, for each image.
- Include the photographer’s name for each image. For web/social media submissions, also include the photographer’s facebook URL (“business” pages only), a twitter handle, and instagram name, if applicable.
- Include the rider’s name for each image. For web/social media submissions, also include the photographer’s facebook URL (“business” pages only), a twitter handle, and instagram name, if applicable.
Before pressing send — please make sure your submission includes all of the information above, as requested.
(This is a great print submission. In order to consider it for use via our website or social media, we would also need photographer/rider credit information. See above.)
Photographer: Vitor Sousa