Position Title: Executive Director
Reports to: AWSI Board of Directors
The Executive Director is responsible for developing and maintaining legal and ethical internal operations of the AWSI and communicating and building relationships with external audiences (i.e. members, media, benefit partners, vendors, other associations) to ensure successful implementation of AWSI’s mission. This position is a part-time and estimated to require approximately 20 hours per month. Starting wage is $20 per hour. Must have own computer, and should be based in the Gorge. Employment is “At will” and can be terminated by either party without cause or notice.
Job duties may include the following:
Marketing and Communications
- Produce quarterly e-newsletter to keep members informed.
- Engage the membership to promote and participate in the annual demo, trade show, and/or annual meeting.
- Maintain and keep current the content and information on the AWSI website.
- Initiate and facilitate the new member process.
- Develop and foster relationships with other trade associations.
- Conduct surveys to help AWSI best serve members and achieve our goals; report results to the board of directors.
- Periodically scan industry outlets and publications, online and offline, to note trends, issues, events and perceptions in our sports.
- Review and recommend policies and bylaws on an ongoing basis.
- Maintain proper risk management, including insurance.
- Work with Board of Directors to coordinate periodic strategic plan review.
- Maintain official records and documents, and ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Develop and manage organizational membership database; create profiles and tracks donors and prospects;
- Maintain current and previous Board contacts and records.
- Communicate with professional contractors time to time regarding finances, legal issues, and any other issues that may require professional insight.
- Renew annual business license, maintain legal status with government entities.
- Complete and file annual IRS forms in a timely manner.
- Provide support to the Board by preparing any survey, research, communications, and other supporting materials in conjunction with the policies and goals of the Board.
- Schedule and attend monthly Board meetings.
- Create agenda for monthly meeting and circulate any necessary materials prior to meetings.
Budget and finance
- Supervise financial functions with bookkeeper.
- In conjunction with the Treasurer, prepare an annual budget and see that AWSI operates within budget guidelines.
Interested? Contact Steve Gates at firstname.lastname@example.org