The forecast is looking great for the 8th Annual Pismo Beach Kite and SUP Expo March 19-21, 2010.
For the exhibitor layout, click on PBExpo_Exhibitor_Layout_vendor2010_public
UPDATES AS OF 3/15/2010:
Thanks to our Bronze Level Sponsors:
Be sure to check out the new boards from SU-2 Kiteboarding. A SU-2 twin tip of your choice will be our grand raffle prize at the Sat night BBQ – must be present to win!
PARKING, DRIVING ON BEACH, REGISTRATION
This year’s event has been moved to Grand Ave. Park in the lot by Fin’s Restaurant for free, or you can drive on the beach, downwind of the event area for $5/day. For directions, see www.xtremebigair.com/kitexpo
- Registration will be at the 26″ trailer, sponsored by luv2camp.com. Look for the Xtreme Big Air and The Kiteboarder flags. Use the sidewalk that runs parallel to Grand and next to Fin’s restaurant to enter.
- All registrants must be intermediate level kiteboarders able to go upwind and self rescue. You should also feel comfortable navigating and riding in tight conditions. All registrants must sign waiver and provide credit card info in case of damage due to negligent usage or loss of gear. All credit card info is destroyed immediately following the event. Registration is from 8:45a until 3p daily.
DEMO HOURS FOR SUP AND KITE, RAFFLE TIMES
- SUP will be available for demo from 9a until 12noon or whenver the wind starts blowing.must be set up no later than 9a daily. Demos will run until 12p or whenever the wind starts blowing.
- Kite and accessory vendors will be ready starting at 11a. Official kite demo hours are 12p to 5p.
- So we don’t interfere with Demo time, the raffle will only be held Sat night at the BBQ and Sunday around 12 noon (may do earlier if forecast is strong for wind to blow earlier). MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN.
PRO RIDER CLINICS
All clinics will be held underneath the Monster Energy tent and will start at 11am.
edit 3/16: Due to a cyclone forecast approaching Ben’s house in Oz, he will not be able to make it to the event for the clinic. We may get Caution/Airush Clinic with Brendan Richards, Bear Kearny and Cameron Biehl to take over the advanced surf clinic on Sunday in addition to their strapless riding and airs clinic on Saturday. Will post when more info available.
Brendan Richards: Caution is synomyous with wave riding and local Santa Cruz pro rider and instructor Brendan Richards is no stranger to the surf or quality instruction. Brendan will be sharing his knowledge with you in the Strapless Riding and Airs Clinic, Saturday, 11am.
Bear Kearny: If you’ve seen the trailer for Shades of Green or the February issue of The Kiteboarder, then you know that Bear Kearny from Airush is a name you will be seeing more of! Bear will be doing the Strapless Clinic with Brendan and Cameron.
Cameron Biehl: Sailing and surfing since birth, wave-riding is Cameron’s passion. Constantly pushing the limits of strapless kiting, especially in the biggest waves he can hold onto his board in, Cameron will be a presenter at the Strapless Air Clinic.
Sandy Parker: Co-owner and lead instructor at Kit’opia in the Delta, Sandy, spnonsored by RRD/Live2Kite/Mystic has been passionate about racing since the first races started at Crissy Field in San Francisco. Recently back from the NA Championships, Sandy’s Racing Clinic will kick off the clinic series on Friday at 11a.
NEW 4×8 VENDOR BOARD AT REGISTRATION
We will have a 4×8 piece of plywood at registration with all event happenings for the day and any special announcement from participating brands.
INCREDIBLE WINEMAKER’S DINNER, THE ET VOILA EXPERIENCE Friday, March 19, 7P SHARP!
Tudor Wines (a local kitesurfer’s award winning wine specializing in pinot’s) is the featured winemaker at Et Voila, an outstanding French bistro on Los Osos Valley Road in San Luis Obispo, just 10 minutes from Pismo Beach. This is a culinary experience you won’t want to miss! $40 per person. Dinner Includes Wine Tasting & Light Appetizers unit 7:45p. Wine at dinner will be available for purchase by the glass or bottle. Please call the Et Voila Restaurant at 805.544.FOOD (3663) to make your reservations as seating is very limited!
MONSTER ENERGY BBQ/BONFIRE FUNDRAISER FOR CENTRAL COAST COLLEGIATE KITEBOARDING CLUB, 6p
Please help support the local collegiate kiteboarding club with a $10 donation for their BBQ and bonfire starting at 6p.Vegetarian version $5 donation. Email Ben Icard firstname.lastname@example.org to make your reservation.