August 1, 2009 – Mauritius/By Marina Chang
Starting out at 6am on Sunday, July 26, I arrived in Mauritius around the same time on Tuesday, July 28. with one of the USA importers of Fone, Nico Ostermann. Tired from flights totaling 22 hours in the air and traveling for two days straight, it was all worth it once we set foot in this island paradise. We immediately got our energy back, psyched to be in this part of the world for our first time, and got a preview of the 2010 F.one line before taking it to the water for the first day of testing. After flying the kites for the last five days, here are the main highlights I have found re: the differences between the 2010 and 2009 Bandit kites.
- New profile/shape and traditional one pump
- Increased stability over entire range, especially in smaller sizes
- Much shorter bridle
- All line lengths on control bar now same length
- Safety line now goes through bar/in center of chicken loop
- Low end slightly decreased but top end greatly increased
- Lighter bar pressure, smoother especially when sheeted out, yet still direct feel for that C-kite feel
- Shorter trim strap but with wider wind range
- New articulating tongue on chicken loop for easier hook in/out
- Stylish new graphics
Will post more images of bar, kite/profile/etc. later. For now, back to demoing!